Saturday 21 November 2015

Gross time

I originally started doing a big A3 gross drawing with lots of different elements that would be deemed unsuitable for children; heads on stakes, rape, cannabilism, Ed Gein and his skin mask, and ripped apart animals in the trees. But time was running out before our crit and I still hadn't finished doing the gross line work. So to prepare for the pier crit I made two smaller scale versions of my idea so that I could get the concept across. I code to do a cannibal and a head on a steak. I made the children's version just completely omit the gross thing and replace it with something happy such as candy canes and a happy meal.  At the bottom the was a little line of text saying please tick here if you are over 18, and if you pull the flap out of the corner the box is ticked underneath. It was kind of acting like those internet pop ups where you are asked to confirm your age. As a blockade to under 18's but my point is that it is easy to surpass those, intact they are less than useless because it only reinforces the idea of it being adult content which is forbidden. I think my point is changing to that the protecting of children has lead to the idea of it being forbidden which is just like one big red button saying do not press. How could they resist? 





No comments:

Post a Comment