Thursday 14 January 2016

Colour Pencils: Ages 2-100

The right image is the first one that really showed the play with coloured pencils I was doing. I decided to try and use colour to represent the light. I was thinking of scenes that are not well lit because when walking around in public at night, it's these places that are the most worrying. I wanted to show the overactive imagination of someone who is cultivated to think they live in a violent area and trouble lurks around every corner. 


This is the drawing that made me think about covering up the image. The left is the shadow of a man with an umbrella but the right shows what a cultivated mind will think. I have also many times momentarily mistook umbrellas for weapons at night. I played around with contrasting colours, inverting the colours for the scary one so that it looked darker and more tense.

I think the contrasting colours add a sense of emergency to it and I like how this work stands apart form the other comics. Im getting on my way to achieving multiple styles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment