Thursday 14 January 2016

Tiny TV

So I decided to make a prototype of my TV box, to figure out the mechanics of it and see if it is a plausible design to house my comics.


I let it be quite rough with tape showing because this was more about testing the concept than working on aesthetic. It was a really tiny box though, it is 10x10cm^2. But it got across what I wanted and helped answer the question of what my project will look like. I was at first trying to work aimlessly in just exploration and wanted to find a project through that but the demand for a solid idea pushed me to just make a decision before i fully started my development.


The box all folded out, each book will be elasticated to a panel and then tucked away inside the television. I like how the box concept just straight out defines the subject matter/ main focus of the project. Visually representative seems to be working better. At this point I decided that if I had time I would include a small explanatory book that defined the theories and introduced the topic with some information. If I had done that it would slot into the screen so it looked like part of the product and not an after thought

I made a little aerial stand for on top because it reinforces the tv idea, otherwise it might have been mistaken for any of the other viewing technologies we have now  like tablets and game playing things. It's just the stereotypical television design, instantly recognisable and that was something I was striving for in this design. I wanted the box to add clarity to the whole project.

These are the project boards I made for the crit and I took my mini tv to visually demonstrate how it would look. I have named my conclusive comic 'what do you see?' because i want to make it personal. It is outright calling out the reader. I want to use red and blue overlaid and then coloured viewfinders to delete a layer. I want it to show how sometimes the news can be either over or under exaggerated or it can be exactly how it seems. I want to be expressing that the viewer should take responsibility for their own viewing. My essay was discussing how the news depiction effected tv viewers but I want my practical to point out to people that they have a responsibility to not just blindly believe what they see. I feel with a little doubt and research most people would be less effected by the way media is broadcasted. The desensitisation has come form an over exposure, and I want to point out that it is not entirely the fault of the media, there is personal responsibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment