Thursday 14 January 2016

How to be happy

I read the comic 'How to be happy' again. I really enjoy it because of all the different styles that are used. Until this point though I thought that it was in different styles because it was a collaborative piece but it turns out it's all by the same illustrator; Eleanor Davis. I think I would like to do each of my books in a different style, one that is most appropriate to the topic. I like how there's a sense of continuity in the way things are drawn and you can see how it was the same person but I also want that flare of experimentation./ Also I don't often try to change the way I work because I liked perfecting the one way I do it. But now i can see the benefit of having multiple ways of working and drawing. It can give a fresh look at a story and show characters differently.

This adam and eve story I particularly liked because it uses block colour and I like the contrast and play when dealing with light and shadow, depicting it in colour. My favourite panel is when the big guy is angered and she just makes his entire body fiery red. Very expressive, I want to consider the effects of my colours before I start colouring this project so that they are more informed and effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment