Tuesday 28 April 2015

Colour and Poetry

So I didn't feel like I would have enough time to write 14 line poems like I did for the others because it took me a really long time and I want to avoid too much repetition of the same words and I've been running out of ones I know the meaning of. I'm looking up definitions in a frenzy trying to find rhyme possibilities.

POEMS

In a cardboard box by the train station,
Due to money, drink or amputation
Lies warmth and contentment deprivation
Pleading for change to cure starvation


A government sanctioned installation,
Relied upon for medication,
Stripped away by legislation,
The only hope? Asphyxiation

Maintaining purity of a female relation,
They keep them clean with mutilation,
Sealed shut in fear of flirtation
Only to be opened for pro creation



Then I needed a concluding poem. I've known since I discovered the ation rhyming gold mine that whatever the final page says the last word will be desensitisation. I think it just sounds snappy to end on. And its the subject I'm doing it on so I want it to be the last thing in peoples mind.

So if this book of illustration,
Challenged you like an accusation,
Save me your excuses and fabrication,
You are a victim of desensitisation.


NOW FOR COLOUR










No comments:

Post a Comment