Tuesday 28 April 2015

Its ok just eat your dinner dear

So I tried to make my own version of one million mouths. I wasn't really sure what to have in my boxes so I was just drawing weird and mildly aggressive images. Something I'm going to have to watch out for is where I put the speech bubbles. After giving this to people to read many of them were mixing up what order it was meant to be read in. 
I think it should follow the known rules of left to right, top to bottom but there needs to be more space between the speech bubbles so that an order and flow can be more easily established. 
I'm thinking if each row works like going down stairs so that each bubble is to the right and slightly lower than the last to make the reading order undeniable.

I like the character at the end, he's very simple and the smoking cigarette seems to give a sense of nonchalance which I think reinforces the patronising tone.
I'm not sure how I feel about the writing structure at the moment. Now its mixed with the image it creates a sense of flow between the speech bubbles. Then the fact that it's just a speech/statement makes it seem more odd that it's being said by lots of different voices.
I'm thinking of making it into a poem because then it would make more sense to have separate speech bubbles as they act like stanzas in a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment