Tuesday 28 April 2015

Compartmentalised Gore


I've been trying out some of my own boxes. Pushing the detail on the gore I've been trying to fill all blank space with line as texture. I gave the boxes facades to make them more like building so that it would bring the point closer to home. But I think the city styling of it makes it unrealistic mixed with people dying of dysentery and being decapitated. They're not really things we associate with the city.My favourite is the one on the right because the angling of the box gives good depth to the image and the tightness of the texture makes the whole person look rough and weathered. Which contrasts with the smooth inside of the box. I had started to draw a texture on the outside of the box but I think that the boxes should lack the detail to contrast form the contents. I want the focal point on the grimness of the detail and I think it would take away from the shock factor if I used the texture willy nilly on everything.
This is the first one I did on a specific topic. It's in reference to the american forces being sent out in force to mediate in the east. It pushes the american/rambo stereotype and shows them as a negative character. Although I managed to do this one on a topic I'm not sure I knew what I wanted to say with it though. For my next ones I need specific topics and a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment